In this guide, we’ll walk through how to create Alerts in Workshop.
- Begin by ensuring that you have “Locked” your configuration to test and publish changes.
- Next, choose Alerts from the Element section of the Workshop menu. This opens up the Alerts landing page, which displays a list of existing Alerts created for this configuration.
- To make a new Alert, click the Create Alert button.
Once inside the New Alert page, complete the fields for the new Alert.
- Input an Alert Name: The Alert Name should be unique, and concisely describe why the user is being notified. For example, “New Patient” explains that the purpose of the Alert is to inform the user that a new patient has enrolled in the program. Try to make your Alert Name as easy to understand as possible—the Alerts will appear in the Inbox and the Patient’s Profile.
- If you want this Alert to deactivate when a patient changes Phases, click Dismiss on Phase change.
- Important Note: Only check this if you want to disable the Alert for the patient’s assigned coach, when a patient transitions Phases.
- For example:
- An Alert is created for “Review Patient’s Assessment Responses,” and Dismiss on Phase change is selected for this Alert.
- Coaches who receive this Alert type when their assigned patients submit Assessment responses will no longer be notified by the Alert once those patients move from the Enrollment Phase to the Onboarding Phase.
- Next, enter the text you to display in the Alert in the Alert Body. The Alert Body should provide context for the Alert, and guidance to the user on what Actions to take. Try to keep the information in the Alert Body short and easy to understand so that your users can quickly determine what they need to do.
- Next, enter an Inbox Title to organize this specific type of Alert in its own Inbox Group. This title will describe to the user the Alert type organized in that Inbox Group.
- After adding your inputs to the New Alert field, select your Actions. Actions are things routinely performed by your coaches in their patient care. They are displayed as Action buttons, which appear in the Action Bar of the Patient Profile, and inside Alerts if you want coaches to perform an Action in response to that particular Alert type. Click the Add Action button to begin.
- Select an Action from the drop-down menu. Standard Action options in Welkin include:
- Care Flow
- Edit Patient
- Change Phase
- Enter an Alert Display, which will be the button label for that Action. For example, if you selected the Email option, you could enter “Send Email” for the Alert Display.
- Finally, add a Description for that Action. The Description should be brief, concisely describing to the user what the Action does.
- To delete an Action from the Alert, click Remove by that Action.
- Add any additional Actions that are relevant for your Coaches when they receive this Alert. Only add Actions needed for this Alert type, to avoid overloading the user with information they won’t need at that moment. Remember, all the Actions you’ve enabled on your Action Bar are otherwise available, even if they haven’t been included in this specific Alert.
- Once you’ve finished setting up this Alert, click Create Alert. Your Alert can now be found in the list on the Alerts landing page. It will also now be available as an option when creating a Process.
- After this Change in Published to Live, the Alert will be active in the Coach Portal.
Here are some additional resources: