In this guide, we’ll walk through how to create Email Templates in Workshop.
- Begin by learning about Email Templates with this feature overview.
- Now that you understand the feature, it’s time to start building. Begin by ensuring that you’ve “Locked” your configuration to make changes.
- Next, choose Email Templates from the Element section of the Workshop menu. This opens up the Email Templates landing page. Once you’ve made a template, it’ll be displayed on this page.
- To create an Email Template, click the Create Template button.
Create a template
- On the New Email Template page, enter a name for this template. Choose a name that’s unique, and concisely describes the template’s purpose to your coaches. Email Template names are displayed on the Templates drop-down menu, when composing emails in the Coach Portal.
- Next, enter the email’s Subject. Use a short description that’s easy for patients to understand, to ensure they open the email.
- In the Message field, write the message that will appear in the body of the email. Select an option from the toolbar to style or format your message.
- Add “variables” to messages to personalize templates. Click an option in the variables menu to copy it, then insert your cursor where the data should display in the message and paste. (Read more about using variables)
Organize your templates
Use folders to organize Email Templates in the Coach Portal. Group recurring emails in your program by topic, or sequence in the patient journey.
- To add the template to an existing folder, select an option from the Folder drop-down menu.
- To make a new folder, click Create Folder and give the folder a short, descriptive name. Then select Create.
Important note: Currently, folders cannot be edited or deleted from Workshop. However, you can change the folder a template is stored in by selecting the template to edit in Workshop, and choosing or creating a different folder.
- Lastly, choose Role or Phase visibility settings if you’d prefer to restrict access to the Email Template.
Important note: If a folder contains a template with restricted visibility for a particular Role, the entire folder won’t be visible to that Role.
- Click Create Email Template when the steps above are completed and you’re satisfied with the template.
Here are some additional resources: