In this guide, we’ll walk through how to create and edit Event Labels in Workshop.
- First, familiarize yourself with Event Labels by reading the feature overview.
- Now that you understand the feature, it’s time to start building. Begin by ensuring that you have “Locked” your configuration to test and publish changes.
- Next, choose Event Labels from the Element section of the Workshop menu. This opens up the Event Labels landing page. Once you’ve made labels, this page will display them in a list according to their event and profile type.
- To create Event Labels, click the Create Event Labels button.
Choose your label types
To create Event Labels, you must first define the event and Profile types.
- Select an event type from the menu. Currently, Event Labels can be made for Calls and Visits.
- Next, choose a Profile type. Currently, Profile types are limited to “Patients.”
- Click Create to proceed
It is not currently possible to make multiple versions of Event Labels for the same combination of event and Profile types. If Event Labels already exist for an event and Profile type, you can edit them. Once created, Event Labels cannot be deleted.
To create new Event Labels:
- First, choose if you’d like to use the Default Labels for that event and Profile combination. To disable the Default Label set, click the “eye” icon for the set. If you’d like to use them, do nothing.
- To make Custom Labels, click the Create Custom Labels button.
- Enter the prompt for these labels. Prompts are the text displays that guide the user to select the appropriate option from the Label Menu. Prompts should be brief and clear, to direct the user to choose the label that best characterizes that event.
- Next, create the Label Menu options. Label Menu options are the individual labels you create for a specific prompt. These options are displayed to the user as items in a drop-down menu, following the prompt. In the Option 1 field, enter the 1st label to appear on that menu. Enter the 2nd menu option in the Option 2 field.
- Label Menus must have at least 2 options to create Custom Labels.
- You can create a maximum of 10 Custom Label sets per Event Labels, not including Default Labels.
Important Note: Custom Label sets and individual label options cannot be deleted once the Event Labels have been created.
We recommend: Create Event Labels with few label sets and options to start. Fewer label options makes it easier and faster for coaches to add labels, and limiting sets to the most relevant information needed reduces the risk of any future editing in Workshop, that could have been avoided.
To edit Event Labels:
Default Label fields cannot be edited, only enabled or disabled.
- To edit existing Prompts or Options of a Custom Label set, enter the new text in that field.
- To add more options to a Label Menu, click Add Option and enter the label in the new field.
- To make more Custom Label sets, click the Create Custom Labels button and complete the prompt and option fields.
- To disable a Label Menu option, click the “eye” icon for that option. To disable a Custom Label set, click the “eye” icon for the set. To enable hidden options or set, click the corresponding “eye” icon.
Important Note: Label sets that been disabled won’t count towards the 10 label set maximum. Neither will a disabled option count towards the Labels Menu's 10 options limit.
However, a disabled set can’t be enabled if the Custom Label set maximum has been reached, nor can a disabled menu option be enabled if there are 10 active options on that menu.
“Deactivating” Event Labels hides them from Coach Portal users, for that combination of event and Profile type. The activation status can be found on the Event Labels landing page in Workshop, under “Status.”
- To deactivate Event Labels, click the ellipses ( "...” ) for those Event Labels and select Deactivate Labels. You can activate them again by clicking the same ellipses ( "...” ) and selecting Activate Labels.
Here are some additional resources: