In this article, we'll walk through:
- What is an Email Delivery Status?
- What do the different Email Delivery Statuses mean?
- What are the visual cues for each status?
- How do Email Delivery Statuses impact conversation threads?
After reading this article, you’ll understand:
- What an Email Delivery Status is
- Where to find the status for your emails
- What each status means
- Understand how a status affects emails with multiple recipients
What’s an Email Delivery Status?
An Email Delivery Status tells you what’s happened to an email after you’ve clicked Send. The status confirms that the email has been delivered, or shows that the email has failed to send so you can take the next steps to resolve the issue.
Where can I find an email’s “status”?
The Delivery Status is located next to each email, all of which can be viewed from the Conversation Panel of the patient’s Profile. The status is displayed as a symbol.
What are the different statuses and their corresponding symbols?
There are 4 Email Delivery Statuses, and each one has a corresponding symbol to help quickly identify the outcome of that email.
What should I do if my email is not delivered?
If an email is “Not Delivered,” we suggest you try the following:
- Double-check that the email’s domain address is typed correctly. For example, “gnail” may have been entered in the email address rather than “gmail.”
- Reach out to the patient using a communication method proven to be successful, and confirm with them that the email address on record is correct.
- If neither of the above steps address the reason for the email delivery failure, please reach out to Welkin’s support team at http://support.welkinhealth.com.
How are emails with multiple recipients impacted by Delivery Statuses?
Email conversations with multiple recipients are only marked as “delivered” if the email is successfully delivered to all recipients. Otherwise, when an email cannot be delivered, or is “Retrying,” for any recipient in the group, the Delivery Status for every recipient will indicate “Not delivered” or “Retrying,” even if it’s been successfully delivered to some of the addressees.