In this guide, we’ll walk through how to create an SMS Template in Workshop.
- Begin by learning about SMS Templates with this feature overview.
- Now that you understand the feature, it’s time to start building. Begin by ensuring that you’ve “Locked” your configuration to make changes.
- Next, choose SMS Templates from the Element section of the Workshop menu. This opens up the SMS Templates landing page. Once you’ve made a template, it’ll be displayed on this page.
- To create an SMS Template, click the Create Template button.
Create a template
- On the New SMS Template page, enter a Name for this template. Choose a name that’s unique, and concisely describes the template’s purpose to your coaches. SMS Template names are displayed on the Templates drop-down menu, when composing messages in the Coach Portal.
- In the Message field, write the message that will be sent to patients. Select an option from the toolbar to style or format your message.
- Add “variables” to messages to personalize templates. Click an option in the variables menu to copy it, then insert your cursor where the data should display in the message and paste. (Read more about using variables)
- If you’d like to send an Assessment with this template, click Add Assessments to template.
- Select the Assessment to include with this template from the Assessments menu. Only Assessments that have “Coaches and patients” designated as the recipient will appear in this menu.
- While Templates can be edited in the Coach Portal, Assessments cannot be changed or removed. Only add an Assessment if it should be sent to patients every time the template is used.
- Next, choose Role or Phase visibility settings if you’d prefer to restrict access to the SMS Template.
- Click Create SMS Template when the steps above are completed and you’re satisfied with the template.
Here are some additional resources: