In this article, we'll walk through:
- Ways your care team can initiate a telehealth video call to a patient
- Requirements for patients to be able to participate in telehealth calls with your care team
After reading this article, you will:
- Understand where to find the telehealth video calling feature in Welkin
- Understand how to initiate a telehealth video call to a patient
- Understand what your patients need to do in order to participate in telehealth calls
Where can I find the telehealth video calling feature in Welkin?
Video calls can be initiated in two ways:
- The Action Bar located in the upper right hand corner of the Patient Profile. Important Note: The Video Calling action may be shown as a primary action, or in the menu at the right of the action bar with other secondary actions.
- An Appointment Prompt that has a blue action button and a name or description that references video. This button text is configured by your program director in Workshop.
How do I initiate a telehealth video call to a patient?
- After navigating to the video option in the ‘Action Bar’ or ‘Appointment Prompt’, you will see a ‘Start Video Call’ button and a ‘Test’ button.
- If you want to test your video and audio, select ‘Test’ >> ‘Start/Stop’. After you are finished testing, select ‘Close’.
What do patients need to do in order to join a telehealth video call from my care team?
- Patients must have the Zoom app downloaded on their device in order to join the video call.
- The patient will receive a text-based notification of the telehealth call event.
- The patient should click on the URL provided in this text-based notification and follow instructions to complete this one-time download.
Here are some additional resources: