In this article, we'll walk through:
- How to use e-Signature in Welkin’s Care Delivery (Coach) Portal
- Welkin support has configured the e-signature app for you. Contact your Welkin Customer Success Manager or submit a ticket with Technical Support to request the e-signature feature.
- You have a Docusign for Healthcare account that was used to configure the app.
These steps only need to be completed once the e-signature app is configured.
Using e-signature with a patient
- Navigate to the appropriate patient profile.
- Ensure the patient has a valid email entered under the Patient Info section. The patient must have “Opt in this email to receive messages” selected.
- Click “Sign Consent” in the Action bar. An inset window should pop up in the lower left corner of the patient profile screen.
- Check the box in the lower left to agree to Docusign terms and click “Continue”.
- Click “Start” to jump to the first input for the form. When you reach a signature box, click on the box and a new signature window will appear.
- After the name is entered or drawn, click “Adopt and Sign” which adds the patient signature to the Consent form.
- Select either “Finish” button in the upper right corner of the pop up window or below the document in the pop up window.
- Close the pop up window and refresh the page.
- You will see a timeline event with a PDF of the consent in the body of the event.
Important note: When the consent is signed and finished, the patient will receive a notification in their email with a link to the completed document.
If the consent is a communications consent, all communication methods will be opted in with the consent checkboxes set to true.
The timeline page will not auto-reload with the timeline event after the e-Signature pop-up window is closed.